Wednesday 25 March 2009

Things that need replacing

With March almost over, there's a lot I should be writing about:

  • our fantastic trip to India (Justin has put something up over here)
  • the last few weeks of marathon training (please sponsor us by heading over here)
  • the slow editing of my novel (didn't sign up for National Novel Editing month here)
Yeah, yeah, all that could be interesting... but at the forefront of my mind? Some things that need replacing:
  • Rear Bicycle rack: Noticed the frame had come apart on Sat at the supermarket when putting heaviest shop ever on bicycle. Apparently Blackburn have a lifetime guarentee but I'm wondering if I can hold it together with cable ties until Easter as we want to go up to Norwich with the bike
  • Bicycle computer: Lost Saturday evening, somewhere after 5678 kms between Hampstead Heath and a pub on the edge of it. In fact I know my bike had done more than 5700 kms - tantalising close to the next 1000 photo mark. We're bidding on bike computers on e-bay.
  • Running shoes: Apparently a marathon's a long way, and when you run a long way your feet expand which explains the blisters on my middle toes, or so says a running shop man I spoke to on Tuesday. Half size bigger shoes here we come.
  • Coffee grinder: So its Wednesday, and its not that my grinder doesn't work, its just that it doesn't work in an orderly or safe manner. No freshly ground coffee before work? Should I give up? buy ground coffee? or ebay replacement perhaps?
Onward

No comments: